How to be strangers again?

I will not suggest any plan;
But I do want to know
and understand,
How to be strangers again;
For people whom you consider
Your adored and dear friend;
Also acquire immense power;
To hurt you and cause you pain!
I would rather have
polite conversations,
Over deep sharing and
heart to heart talks,
For you never know
what misunderstanding,
May cause a close friend
to turn into a cold rock?
Its better to receive
A mistaken or
meaningless birthday wish;
Than to keep glancing
over the mobile, wondering
If the call has been missed?
I really don't mind
strangers passing me by,
without caring to
return my greeting;
But its agonising to
have a cherished friend
ignore my texts,
or look the other way
to escape my meeting!
So someone please tell
my dear old soul,
That can neither part ways
Nor is able to cajole,
Its confidante who has
Turned away, without
citing any reason;
Leaving in its footsteps
Only torment and heart-burn;
How do I turn the
clock back in time,
when my bosom
turned distant friend,
Was only an
acquaintance benign? 
                                                                    ~Anushthi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Embrace Growth

Our Home

Ek Kahani Aisi Bhi