If Spectacles Could Speak

If spectacles could speak they would talk about how excited they were each time tried on a new face..
And wailed their heart out when they were placed back in that glass box. They looked eagerly at faces, that stared at them, in awe.
They fell in love with themselves when they were told how amazing they look.
They had their own share of laughter when they made someone look funny.

If they could speak, it would be helpful for the ones like me who are forgetful.
Each time they were placed outside their box, if they were left on sofa or had somehow slipped under the bed or got lost under the piles of clothes and also at those times they were made to be hair bands and the times they hung by a string on a neck and were forgotten. If they would hear us calling their name, they would screams at the top of their voices.
We , the unmindful would find them.

If they could speak they would certainly say even at home, ears, for us are safe and all other are risky places. Yes, you can keep me safe inside the box. Elsewhere I can get disfigured arm or broken glass. I can still work with a bent in my arm, But with a broken glass you won't be able to see. I know if I am broken, i would meet a new specs and I am afraid you will like them more than me. You don't know how many times i have been grief laden with the idea you would bring someone new and i would be left in a box completely forgotten.

I know the journey of spectacles would be amazing tale considering the number of times we have misplaced them. Their voyage might be easy or a little worrisome.
I promise each story would be a SPECTACULAR one.

                                                                                                     

                                                                    ~Anushthi

Comments

  1. Wow that's fantastic cognitive story on a spectacle..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Embrace Growth

Our Home

Ek Kahani Aisi Bhi